Role of Women
What about the role of women?
1. God created man and woman equal in personhood and value. Gen. 1:27; Gal. 3:28
2. A difference in roles does not imply differences in value.
3. The Trinity of the Godhead displays the difference in roles while being one in essence and value. Gen. 1:26-27; Mt. 28:18-20
4. Jesus had twelve male disciples; yet, He had women who traveled with Him and supported his ministry (i.e., different roles). Lu. 6:12-16; Lu. 8:1-3
5. Men and women have different roles in the home and church. Eph. 5:21-33; 1 Tim. 3; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Tim. 2:11-15, 1 Cor. 11; 1 Cor. 14:33-36
6. Men are to be the loving, servant leaders in the home and church. Eph. 5:21-33; 1 Tim. 3; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Tim. 2:8-9, 11-14, 1 Cor. 11; 1 Cor. 14:33-36
a. Husbands are to love their wives as Christ loves the church. Eph. 5:21-33
b. Submission of the wife = the freedom to creatively express herself under the divinely appointed authority of her husband. Eph. 5:21-33
c. Sr. Pastors, Elders and Deacons are to be men. 1 Tim. 3
d. Women can lead and teach other women in the church. Titus 2:1-5
7. When men and women are filled with the Spirit and functioning in their God-given roles, the church and home will glorify God. Eph. 5-6